What can you do in your local community?
We can give you ideas on how to build up community stewardship and pride of place in your own community no matter where you are based.
- Create a stronger sense of community in your area, become more socially connected and improve your community’s overall wellbeing
- Find out more about the natural, built and cultural heritage of your area
- Build up a sense of informed ‘pride of place’ in everything that is special about your area
- Provide a platform to showcase and celebrate the wealth of local knowledge available in your area
What could you do?
Why not organise an annual series of summer walks and winter talks? They could be be educational, sociable, family-friendly, locally-themed. All events should be focused around the natural, built or cultural heritage of an area. All events should have a gentle conservation and community message.
What can we do to help?
- Provide a wide range of suggested themes on possible talks and walks
- Provide suggested contacts of heritage experts in your area to get your series kick-started
- Support around developing the logistics of the events
- Provide support around health and safety of the events
- Support around developing the promotion of the events – ie social media, press releases, poster templates, contacting websites etc
We carry out a variety of training events to encourage people to carry out place-based learning in their communities with our Learning Landscape Symposium in March and our 5-day heritage courses over the summer. These have proven to be a great way to kick-start some ideas for your area.
We are here to help. So for more information on the what, how and where just contact us on email@example.com Now what’s stopping you! Ignite your community and find out more about what is special about your place together.