Date(s) - 3 October 2020 - 4 October 2020
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Burrenbeo Trust are running a 2 day training course on place-based learning on the following dates: Sat 3rd – Sunday 4th October, 2020
The objective of this course is to provide teachers, educators, facilitators, and people with an interest in place-based learning with some simple strategies and resources through which they can integrate the learning resource that is their local environment into the curriculum. This course is based on 10 years’ experience of ‘place-based education’ in the Burren through which scores of teachers and over 1000 schoolchildren have connected with their own locality as part of our interactive and experiential heritage education programmes.
- Specific themes which will be explored in the field and classroom will include landscape, built heritage, cultural heritage, biodiversity and conservation.
- The course has a balance of indoor and outdoor sessions with an emphasis on inquiry learning.
- The heritage training weekend will cover some strands of SESE history, geography and science subjects as well as others.
- On completion of this course, participants will have the skills and resources which will allow them to deliver an effective place-based educational programme to their students.
- The course is run in Kinvara, Co. Galway and out in the Burren, Co Clare. It will run from 9.30am-12.30pm & 1.30pm-4pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Total fee for the course is 50euros.
- Max capacity for the course will be subject to public health guidelines.
For more info and bookings contact: firstname.lastname@example.org