The Burrenbeo Trust is a non-profit organisation striving to connect people to their places and their role in caring for them through conservation, education, information provision, advocacy and research. The Trust Coordinator would be responsible for managing the daily activities of the Trust, including general administration, coordination of Burrenbeo Trust programmes, supporting the other Officers’ work, grant application and fundraising, event coordination and media relations.
The Burrenbeo Trust Coordinator will work alongside the Education and Conservation Officers and will report to the Executive Committee on a monthly basis. If you have the qualities and skills we are looking for, please send a CV and Personal Statement to email@example.com by the 13th April at 5pm, 2018. Interviews will be held in the following fortnight.
Position title: Trust Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Committee
Hours: 32-40 per week depending on skillset
- To provide leadership, direction and management in relation to all aspects of the Trust’s activities.
- To represent the Trust in various public contexts and to develop and maintain relationships with key external partners and agencies.
- To facilitate the continued expansion and development of the Trust’s programmes through effective partnership working, fundraising and increasing current and other potential income streams.
- To manage the implementation and update of the Trust’s strategic plan and to develop and manage annual operational plans.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Administrative support and day to day running of the charity
- Manage administration of the Trust’s programmes, with support of the other Officers’.
- Report to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Manage and update Trust plans and policies.
- Engage with fundraising activities as required.
- Ensure the Trust operates in accordance with its’ governing documents.
- Evaluate programmes to ensure that an efficient, effective, quality service is being provided at all times.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Event Management
- Coordinate and provide support for Burrenbeo Trust events including: Walks & Talks programme, Burren in Bloom, Winterage Weekend.
- Attend relevant events to promote Burrenbeo Trust and give presentations where necessary.
- Marketing & Communications
- Develop marketing programmes for the Trust working in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Manage and devise strategies to increase engagement with Burrenbeo Trust.
- Draft and mail the monthly snapshot.
- Compile Annual Report, with support from other Officers’.
- Manage email enquiries.
- Manage web and social media presence.
- Carry out other activities as required, particularly in relation to the website and social media.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Experience of undertaking a range of administrative tasks
- Excellent administrative, organisational, interpersonal and writing skills (including excellent working knowledge of all Office programmes)
- Good financial management skills
- Good personnel management skills
- Good understanding of the non-profit sector
- Fundraising and grant writing experience is desirable
- A proven commitment to community conservation, heritage or a related field
- A good working knowledge of the Burren is desirable
Personal style and behaviour
- Able to work independently (a self-starter) and take initiative
- Strong organisation, planning and prioritising skills
- Flexible approach to work and positive can- do outlook
- A team player with a proactive approach to work