Aloha Surf School
Aloha is a small, dedicated, rootsy surf school that really takes the time to teach people to surf and understand the surfing experience.
Aloha is not interested in churning people out. They won't take you out in a massive group and give you little to no surf coaching. Their team, all passionate surfers, really take the time and care to ensure that everyone that comes to surf with them has a good time and goes away a surfer with a newfound look on the ocean and the sport..or lifestyle.. that is surfing..
Aloha coaches are ISA Level 2 Surf Instructors, which means they are qualified to teach from beginners up to intermediate surfers.
Level 1 instruction is for beginners who are coached in white water surfing skills including instruction to equipment, beach safety, paddling and catching waves, popping up, riding whitewater and traversing white water. These skills are learned on special soft boards for learning.
The Level 2 instruction guides the intermediate surfer from white water to unbroken waves introducing skills such as duck diving, catching unbroken waves, riding in trim and basic manoeuvres. These skills are learned on hardboards.
You can also discover Sea kayaking with Aloha Surf School. Aloha use user friendly Sit On Top Sea Kayaks which are very stable and easy to paddle, and are perfectly suited to complete Aloha coastal cruises will take you in and around the incredible coastline of the Burren, where you’ll get to see the sea life underneath you, cruise along side the seals basking on the rocks, and really get a completely unique tour of this incredible part of the world.
Aloha Surf School runs surfing lessons in the heart of the Burren in Fanore, Co. Clare. The surf school is located down at Fanore Beach and is only 1 hour from Galway City and an hour and a half or so from Limerick, on the coast road between Ballyvaughan and Doolin. For anyone that is coming to stay and wants to surf in the Doolin area, Fanore offers the closest surfing beach.
GPS co-cordinates 53.114396,-9.28719
The Aloha Surf faciliities operate with sound environment and responsible tourism principles and here are some of the reasons why.
- Aloha are members of the Surfrider Foundation which is are a non profit organisation dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the worlds oceans, waves and beaches for all people through conservation, activism, research and education (www.surfrider.eu)
- Aloha also support Burrenbeo, a registered charity who promote and support the sustainable management of the Burren and use of this landscape and heritage in an accessible, inclusive and effective manner (www.burrenbeo.com)
- Aloha encourage staff and customers to pick up litter they may see after surf lessons on the way back
- With prior arrangement Aloha can collect customers from the surrounding area who arrive on public transport
- Aloha provide seperate bins in our surf school centre and recycle all glass, paper, plastic and cans
- Where possible, lightbulbs at surf centre are energy saving and users are encouraged to turn off of all electrical appliances when not in use
- Aloha organise beach clean ups in association with both the Surfrider Foundation (www.surfrider.org) and also participate in clean ups organised by the Burren Ecotourism Network and the Fanore Primary School
- Aloha buy envelopes and stationary from recycled paper for stationary needs and all of our every day paper is used both sides
- Aloha recycle all of our printer cartridges
- All cleaning products and soaps used in the surf school are low impact
- Aloha use Fair Trade Tea and Coffee
- Most of Aloha bags are recycled or recycleable
- Aloha have a driving policy of driving the surf school jeep at a max of 80kmh to conserve fuel
- Aloha keep our groups small and so mimise our impact on the local environment and that of local surfers
- Aloha acitively promote other local business in the community.
- Where possible Aloha hire local staff.
- Aloha ensure that the surf school is all inclusive organisation that works regularly with youth groups from certain disadvantaged sectors of society who may not otherwise have the opportunity to partake in the sport Aloha love.
- Aloha founded the No Limits Surf Club which is a non for profit club for kids with special needs (www.nolimitssurfcclub.com)
Aloha Surf School,
- The Trust
- About Us
- Burren Charter
- Donate to Us
- Join Us
- Our Supporters
- In the Papers
- Opinion Poll
- Gift Us
- Contact Us
- The Burren
- Image Galleries
- Visitor Info
- Interactive Map
- Towns and Villages
- Places to Eat
- Burren Shopping
- News & Events
- Learning Landscape
- Apathy to Empathy
- Curious Kids
- Wild Child
- Young Explorers
- Games & Activities
- Multimedia Tour
- Register Interest
- Landscape Learners
- Secondary Schools
- Visiting Groups
- Games & Activities
- Burren Glossary
- Digital Learners
- Heritage Helpers
- Burren Shop